In this episode, Derek Berkey talks to Dr. Trevor Kashey, Ph.D., founder of Trevor KasheyNutrition, about the power of ‘cognitive nutrition’, building healthy routines and habits, and how to structure lifestyle changes to achieve sustainable weight loss.
Trevor explains how understanding the science behind nutrition and weight loss can help clients make better dietary choices and offers practical advice on effective lifestyle modifications to promote healthy habits. Don’t miss out on this insightful conversation, as Trevor shares his unique approach to solving problems and offers valuable advice on how to start your weight loss journey today.
The Invigor Medical podcast’s mission is to provide personalized medical care through scientifically backed education and wellness solutions. The show is co-hosted by Natalie Garland and Derek Berkey.
- 01:25 – Trevor’s background and path to biochemistry and nutrition
- 12:02 – “Dad bods” and how men judge each other and themselves
- 15:09 – How Trevor helps patients solve a problem
- 17:50 – Setting goals vs solving problems, rules of nature vs laws of culture
- 24:00 – Processed foods, modified environments
- 25:23 – Regulating yourself – day-to-day vs. “exceptions”
- 32:25 – Athletes and protocols – can regular people use their methods
- 35:04 – Pre-workout chain of events that helps you stick to your workout routine
- 37:50 -How bad habits start, and replacing your bad habits
- 47:50 – Cognitive nutrition – what we think, what we believe, what you eat & why you eat it
- 49:50 – Kuchishabisii or ‘bored mouth’
- 53:00 – Biochemistry vs. environment, dopamine, cortisol, fuzzy feelings
- 56:15 – Five pillars of health
- 58:55 – Common dad bod goals and the desire to be shredded – a direction for each goal
- 1:02 – Losing a percentage of body weight, aiming for “super-medium”
- 1:05 – Focusing on what you prioritize – flexibility, strength, stamina, body fat, etc.
- 1:09 – Choosing when to die, anti-aging, longevity, lifespan, healthspan, workspan
- 1:19 – Rewarding healthy habits with healthy rewards, building routines
- 1:25 – Advice for starting – the Hawthorne effect – observing yourself, you have the skills
- 1:28 – Reach out to Trevor and let him know you heard him on The Invigor Medical Podcast