This episode, we have our very own Leann Poston, MD, MBA, MEd. She’s written over 150 articles on our website, and is very accomplished in her field. We talk about weight management and break down how our body processes food, to how you could make a difference in your own body.
- 00:00 Start
- 0:25 Introductions
- 4:57 How to Simplfy Complex Medical Concepts
- 6:57 How to Get Accurate Medical Information Online
- 11:46 Obesity in the United States
- 16:12 BMI vs Calipers vs Measurements vs Scale
- 20:47 The Effect of Sleep on Weight Loss
- 24:01 Which is More Important: Diet or Exercise?
- 28:33 Is the Timing of Meals Important?
- 33:16 How Can I Handle Hunger?
- 38:16 Benefits of Intermittent Fasting
- 43:36 Influence of Social Interactions on Diet
- 45:52 Small Changes Can Make a Big Impact
- 50:24 When to Start Thinking About Medical Weight Loss
- 57:24 Semaglutide Guidelines
- 1:03:25 Effects of Naltrexone and Oxytocin on Weight Loss
- 1:07:40 Mindsets: Spending Calories
- 1:09:04 Conclusion