Can I Buy Vitamin D3?
Patients can buy Vitamin D3 injections after getting approved for a prescription. A licensed practitioner will conduct an online Telewellness visit, and upon approval the pharmacy will send the medication directly to your door.
Do we offer Vitamin D3 as part of a treatment plan?
Optimize Immune Function
Fight Off Mood Disorders
Strengthen Muscles and Bones
How Does Vitamin D3 Work?
Keep Your Bones Strong
Vitamin D is available in foods, supplements, and sunlight. Once absorbed, vitamin D undergoes two hydroxylations, one in the liver and one in the kidney, to become active. Vitamin D is critical to maintaining bone density. When blood calcium levels fall, calcium will be pulled from the bone to compensate, decreasing bone density. Vitamin D binds to receptors on responsive genes and stimulates the production of proteins. The parathyroid hormone controls the production of active D3 (cholecalciferol).
Benefits of Vitamin D3
- Strengthens muscle and bones
- Boosts immunity
- Improves mood
- Reduces inflammation
Want us to contact you?
Where Do I Start?
What is Vitamin D3 used for?
You should avoid Vitamin D3 if you are/have:
- Hypervitaminosis D
- Heart disease
- Kidney disease
- Electrolyte abnormalities
What are the side effects of Vitamin D3?
- Chest pain
- Shortness of breath
- Metallic taste
- Muscle or bone pain
- Weight loss
- Nausea or vomiting
- Vitamin D3https://www.drugs.com/mtm/vitamin-d3.html
- Vitamin D3 Historyhttps://doi.org/10.1007/s00264-019-04334-w
- 25-hydroxyvitamin D3 and 1,25-dihydroxyvitamin D3 exert distinct effects on human skeletal muscle function and gene expressionhttps://doi.org/10.1371/journal.pone.0170665
- Vitamin D in Atopic Dermatitis, Asthma and Allergic Diseaseshttps://doi.org/10.1016%2Fj.iac.2010.05.005
- Vitamin D physiologyhttps://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0079610706000083
- Vitamin D: The “sunshine” vitaminhttps://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3356951/
- Vitamin D Fact Sheet for Health Professionalshttps://ods.od.nih.gov/factsheets/VitaminD-HealthProfessional/