Can I Buy Choline?
Patients can buy Choline in the Lipo+B12 formula with the included prescription consultation. After a consultation with the doctor via a Telewellness visit and approval, a pharmacy will send the medication directly to you.
Do we offer Choline as part of a treatment plan?
Optimize fat metabolism
Support memory and brain function
How Does Choline Work?
Rapid Fat and Weight Loss
Choline is used to synthesize phospholipids, which are essential components of cell membranes. The phospholipid phosphatidylcholine is also important in packaging fat consumed in the diet. Without adequate phosphatidylcholine, fat and cholesterol may accumulate in the liver. In clinical trials, choline supplementation led to rapid fat and weight loss in female athletes. Phospholipids are precursors to cell signaling molecules such as diacylglyceride and ceramide. Cells use these molecules to communicate their current status and requirements. In addition to these two key functions, choline is a precursor to acetylcholine, a neurotransmitter involved in stimulating muscle contraction, maintaining circadian rhythms, enhancing memory, and other functions. Choline is a vital source of methyl groups that are required to methylate homocysteine. Choline is essential for optimal liver, muscle, and brain function.
Benefits of Choline
- Decreased homocysteine levels
- Reduced blood pressure
- Help prevent Alzheimer’s progression
- Help decrease the risk of non-alcoholic fatty liver disease
Want us to contact you?
Where Do I Start?
What is Choline used for?
You should avoid Choline if you are/have:
What are the side effects of Choline?
- Low blood pressure
- Fishy body odor
- Choline: An Essential Nutrient for Public Healthhttps://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2782876/
- Genetic variation of folate-mediated one-carbon transfer pathway predicts susceptibility to choline deficiency in humanshttps://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1276051/
- Micronutrient Information Center: Cholinehttps://lpi.oregonstate.edu/mic/other-nutrients/choline