Can I Buy Acetyl-L-Carnitine?
If you would like to buy Acetyl-L-Carnitine, learn more about Lipo-S. This oral medication supplements a reduced-calorie diet and exercise plan for a powerful weight management plan. It is also helpful in improving cognitive function.
Do we offer Acetyl-L-Carnitine as part of a treatment plan?
Increase Muscle Mass
How Does Acetyl-L-Carnitine Work?
Improve Cellular Energy
L-carnitine can be found in the diet or produced from lysine and methionine in the liver and kidney. The enzyme carnitine acetyltransferase converts L-carnitine into acetyl-L-carnitine. Higher levels of acetyl-L-carnitine (ALCAR) increases acetylcholine GABA and glutamate in the brain. As brain cells age, inflammation increases, and neurons become less functional. ALCAR is thought to support acetylcholine levels in the brain. L-carnitine is also transported via the bloodstream to skeletal muscle and the heart, organs that rely on L-carnitine to oxidize fatty acids for energy. The bioavailability of ALCAR is thought to be higher than L-carnitine. When humans ingested 2 grams/day for 50 days, plasma ALCAR concentration increased by 43%. ALCAR may improve energy for use in muscle cells and support cardiovascular health.
Benefits of Acetyl-L-Carnitine
- Improve mood
- Increase energy levels
- Increase muscle mass in older adults
- Reduce pain and improve nerve function
- Improve sleep
- Reduce blood sugar
Want us to contact you?
Where Do I Start?
What is Acetyl-L-Carnitine used for?
You should avoid Acetyl-L-Carnitine if you are/have:
- Heart or blood vessel disease
- Kidney disease
- Pregnancy or breastfeeding
- Nerve pain caused by chemotherapy
What are the side effects of Acetyl-L-Carnitine?
- Upset stomach
- Fishy odor to sweat or urine
- Efficacy of carnitine in the treatment of children with attention-deficit hyperactivity disorderhttps://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/12213433/
- What Is Acetyl-L-Carnitine?https://www.braintropic.com/nootropics/acetyl-l-carnitine/
- Recommended Dietary Allowanceshttps://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25144070
- Effect of acetyl-L-carnitine on forebrain cholinergic neuronshttps://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/1849696
- Comparison of the effects of L-carnitine and acetyl-L-carnitine on carnitine levelshttps://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15591009
- Meta-analysis of double blind randomized controlled clinical trials of acetyl-L-carnitine versus placebo in the treatment of mild cognitive impairment and mild Alzheimer's diseasehttps://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12598816
- Acetyl-L-carnitine in painful peripheral neuropathy: a systematic reviewhttps://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6498091/
- L-Carnitine and acetyl-L-carnitine roles and neuroprotection in developing brainhttps://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5621476/