Can I Buy Vitamin B12?
Patients can buy Vitamin B12 with an included prescription consultation. Consult with the doctor via an online Telehealth visit. The pharmacy sends the medication directly to the patient after approval.
Do we offer Vitamin B12 as part of a treatment plan?
Improved energy production
Increased metabolic rate
How Does Vitamin B12 Work?
Vitamin B12 Can Help You Lose Weight and Keep it Off
Obesity, insulin resistance, dyslipidemia, and cardiovascular disease have all been linked to low Vitamin B12 levels, according to researchers. B12 is involved in the regulation of DNA coding for proteins (epigenetics) as well as many metabolic processes in the cell. There is mounting evidence that Vitamin B12-DNA interactions regulate lipid metabolism and play a role in fat deposition.
Crucial Vitamin for Optimal Function
Vitamin B12 is an essential vitamin because it is obtained entirely through diet. B12 is found in animal products and fortified foods in the diet, but it can also be taken as a supplement. Vitamin B12 is important in the formation of red blood cells and regulation of gene activity. It is also used to produce myelin, the fatty insulator that surrounds nerve cells and speeds up nerve signaling throughout the body.
Benefits of Vitamin B12
- Improved memory
- Improved mood
- More energy
- Decreased weakness and fatigue
- Improved skin, hair, and nail health
- Reduced homocysteine levels
- Improved sleep
- Possible reduced ringing in ears
Want us to contact you?
Where Do I Start?
What is Vitamin B12 used for?
- Who use antacids long-term
- With pernicious anemia
- With inflammatory bowel disease
- Who are taking high doses of folic acid
- With lower stomach acid levels due to aging
- Who have been taking metformin for more than four months
- Who are vegan or vegetarian
- Who use alcohol excessively
You should avoid Vitamin B12 if you are/have:
- Eye problems or Leber's disease
- Kidney or liver disease
- Iron or folic acid deficiency
- Any type of infection or are receiving any medication or treatment that affects bone marrow
- Colchicine and heavy alcohol intake may interact with vitamin B12 injections.
- Additionally, people with the blood disorder polycythemia vera may have very serious side effects from B12 (cyanocobalamin) injections, including chest pain, shortness of breath, weakness on one side, sudden vision loss, or slurred speech.
What are the side effects of Vitamin B12?
- Abdominal or stomach pain
- Bleeding from the gums or nose
- Blue lips or fingernails, chest pain, cough, coughing up pink, frothy sputum
- Decreased urine output
- Difficulty breathing
- Difficulty swallowing
- Dilated neck veins
- Eye pain
- Fast heartbeat
- Increased sweating
- Irregular breathing or heartbeat
- Puffiness or swelling of the face, fingers, feet, or lower legs
- Tightness in the chest
- Weight gain
- Nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, loss of appetite, or rashes
- Low potassium levels - symptoms of low potassium include muscle cramps, weakness, and irregular heartbeat.
Vitamin B12 Dosage & Frequency
- 1 ml